Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Circle Jerks - Wild in the Streets


I can't think of another album that represents the strange naiveté of young punk rockers. I remember thinking to myself that they (who, I'm not quite sure) would be sorry when the youth take to the streets and claim their future for themselves. Considering how ambiguous my goals were at them time (and that they may have been better defined than the guys in the Circle Jerks who were only a few years older), a riot might not have been the best way to change the world.

By the way, the title track of the album is a cover from the soundtrack of the 1968 film of the same name in which teenagers take over the country and put adults into LSD camps for "re-education." It's a funny film now. I wonder how many people took it seriously 40 years ago.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

awesome album...for a punk band.

December 30, 2008 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Amen, dude...I always thought of the movie The Warriors with this, as if the gangs cut their bullshit and united. Great album, needless to say. I'm spinning VI by them.

December 31, 2008 at 7:43 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Yeah, "The Warriors" with those tough gangs that wore baseball uniforms, roller skates, mime make-up, top hats, purple wast-coats and other rough and intimidating attire.

I liked most of the Circle Jerks album covers.

December 31, 2008 at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home