Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best and worst of 2009

I was supposed to post mine today, but I couldn't think of a best cover and frankly, I'm not motivated enough to come up with something. My mood has been generally negative lately anyway, so perhaps it's fitting that I only pick the worst anyway. That honor goes easily to Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats and their Meet the Meatbats album. It might even be the worst cover of the decade. I can't think of anything redeeming about it. Is that one guy supposed to be a wrench? Well, that's just stupid. The guy made of bubbles isn't any more clever. Just because a little girl dressed as a bee worked for Blind Melon 15 years ago, doesn't mean it'll work for a cartoon guitarist as well. The caricature of Chad Smith is completely lame, to be sure, but still an awful lot better than his just plain dumb looking bandmates. If you're interested in the music, see if you can find it on half.com or Ebay or in the budget bin without the artwork. It'll save your eyes the pain of looking at crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

I think it's one of those covers that gets worse the longer you look at it.

December 16, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Negative? Bob, negative? Hogwash!!

December 19, 2009 at 12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home