Friday, December 18, 2009

Worst and Best Album Covers of 2009

Worst: Neil Young may be a rock icon. He may have had a few classic songs over the years. But he' ain't no looker. So why would he put not only his face, but a warped image of same, on the cover of Fork in the Road?


Best: One of my favorite albums of the year for its music, Mastodon's Crack the Skye, is my choice for best album cover. The quasi-Russian icongraphy mirrors the album's content, and the bright colors add to an already impressive catalog of Mastodon covers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

the Neil Young blurb cracked me up...I considered Mastodon for a minute, but I gave Crack the Skye album of the year honors, so that's enough love for the mighty Mastodon

December 19, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home