Monday, July 2, 2007

Wishbone Ash-s/t

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is the cover of Wishbone Ash's self-titled debut from 1970. I think it's a very fitting cover for this album. At first it appears to be very plain and simple, but you can't help but be drawn in to some extent and you begin to examine the details of the image. Much like the band's music as they at first seem simple yet you stay focused and soon enough they progress into some elaborate and incredible musical passages.

4 Comments:

Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I wish you had a larger image that you linked to, because it would be nice to study it a little closer. I always thought it was just an average cover, but I never owned it (even though I should, because it is a fine album) so I never spent much time looking at the cover up close.

July 1, 2007 at 11:38 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I like it a great deal. I think the bacground's pretty cool and I admire them for not feeling the need to center the image. I think that makes the viewer notice the background a little more.

July 2, 2007 at 6:50 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Yeah, I would like to see the full blow up as well. I like the splintered end part, which gives off all sorts of suggestions, depending on which way your imagination runs. Of course, the sign of great art is art that is subjective, where the viewer can make up his or her mind what is there or what it's about.

July 2, 2007 at 10:49 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

A fascinating cover indeed! It really draws the viewer in.

-- david

July 3, 2007 at 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home