Friday, June 29, 2007

Didjits - Lovesicle 7"


This is kind of along the lines of Soul Asylum's parody of Herb Alpert. The Didjits get a greasy, pasty guy (it might be a band member, but I'm not sure) to pose as Prince for their take on Lovesexy. Somehow, I think it's appropriate that they took sexy out of the title.

Despite the lack of interest in what I thought was the very funny Poopiehead 7", I'm going to be posting a few of the interesting 7" covers from my collection, so keep an eye out for these bonus posts outside of the normal Monday through Thursday rotation.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

This is hilarious! The Prince one is bad enough (the cover, not the music, which is damn good), but this cover is over the top!

-- david

June 30, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I can't believe I didn't know this was ever in existence! Funny, funny, funny! NOFX was snappy, Didjits are just too hilarious for words. Prince being my favorite musician and all, I still think this Lovesicle pic is outrageously funny. It only would've been funnier if they used a heavy person instead.

June 30, 2007 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

David - I always like a really irreverent parody cover like this one.

Ray - I stumbled on this one in a lot that I won on Ebay. It was just a happy accident as I recall. I don't think too many people know about the Didjits.

June 30, 2007 at 10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pic is of Doug the bass player. The back of the sleeve might be even better. Features him with a dog and a 40 oz. bottle of beer.....

September 7, 2008 at 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home