Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Men at work-Business as usual

Photobucket

I remember being in seventh grade and seeing a bulletin board full of a project done by eighth graders. This would have been the 82-83 school year. It was art projects and they had to draw or paint an album cover. So is was all the current pop stuff of the day. The ones I remember seeing were Rick Springfield's "Success hasn't spoiled me yet", Survivor's "Eye of the tiger", Steve Miller Band's "Abracadabra" and the one above from Men at work. The drawings of "Business as usual" all looked a lot like the real thing. This impressed me then, but later I came to the realization that middle-schoolers could draw it because it was such a simple cover. It's basic and even dated, but I still like it. My opinion might be based on nostalgia more than anything, but that happens sometimes too.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the cover. love the album. love the band.

http://themetalfiles.wordpress.com/2009/02/20/its-just-overkill/

March 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home