Monday, June 15, 2009

Crumbsuckers-Life of dreams and Beast on my back

Long Island's Crumbsuckers formed in 1982 and slowly rose through the club scene over the next few years. They released "Life of dreams" in 1986. This is highly regarded hardcore/crossover album as well it should be. The cover features the fine artwork of Sean Taggart who also did work for Agnostic Front. I love the different images and they all work well.
Photobucket

Fast forward over a year and their highly anticipated follow-up Beast on my back (often referred to as B.O.M.B) was originally slated for a Fall, 1987 release, but was pushed back until early 1988.
Photobucket
Oh,wait did I post the back cover or an inner sleeve perhaps? No, indeed this is the front cover. Good thing no one smiled or else I would have thought they looked like an AOR band. The guy on the right cocked his head to the side so we would know this was a hardcore act. What a brilliant idea on his part. It's difficult to pull of the group shot album cover. Even more difficult if the colors, lighting and band logo add nothing to the cover.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Woody said...

Life of Dreams is a classic hardcore album. I'll never forget how disappointed I was with B.O.M.B. Some people like it but I always viewed it as their Cold Lake.

Singer Chris Notaro is the one in the white denim.

June 15, 2009 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I was disappointd in it as well. I listened to it again recently and there are parts that work and parts that don't. I don't think it's as bad of a turn Cold Lake was for CF, but it was a letdown because it followed such a good album.

June 15, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home