Monday, April 21, 2008

Ozzy Osbourne-The Ultimate Sin

Photobucket
Everything comes back it seems. Seasons come back, Indiana Jones comes back, Ozzy's brain cells...okay, maybe not everything comes back. However, our blog is back for better or worse. So hold on tight because here we go again. I was like 15 when this one came out and I remember staring at Boris Vallejo's rendering of Ozzy as a monster and the witch in full mid-80's metal chick garb. I liked it back then, but now it's a bit busy I think. I always look at the background and think of a pot of boiling spaghetti sauce instead of the big end of the world event I think they were shooting for. I am not sure why they made the decision to have a painting done instead of having Ozzy in some silly spot like they did in every previous cover.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Linda wanted to be that "mid-80's metal chick."

April 21, 2008 at 8:17 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Interesting that they had someone dress the part of that woman in the "Shot in th dark" video. It was like a cover come to life. I have a three song picture disc and one side has Ozzy and Jake E. Lee standing with that model. Seems like Ozzy is biting her pants or something in that picture. The Ultimate Sin was a very big deal at that time, but people seem to have forgotten about it today.

April 22, 2008 at 6:06 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

Not a bad cover. I like the Ozzy monster. It does seem kind of dated though.

April 22, 2008 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Fabrulana said...

It seemed a bit lopsided to me. I think it is because they tried to get the nuclear blast in there... and cluttered to the left. At the time the cover didn't really make sense to me so I just ignored it and played the album. Not one if his better ones albums though.

April 23, 2008 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I never liked this one. Too much like a bad Halloween display. But not horrible.

April 23, 2008 at 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wondered if the woman on the cover was Sharon Osbourne.

September 7, 2015 at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home