Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Raven - The Pack is Back



Raven was one of the better underground metal acts of the eighties, one who seldom gets acknowledgement. Of course, if they were to be judged by The Pack is Back, then the case would be made for their dismissal. Still, they could be looked upon as power and speed metal ambassadors of their time through better efforts such as All For One, Wiped Out, Rock Until You Drop and Life's a Bitch.

Raven were not exactly known for putting a heck of a lot of effort into their album covers, though Rock Until You Drop is clutter-filled hilarity, while The Pack is Back is well...just plain embarassing. Trust me, it doesn't speak all the well of the package beneath it, either. Oh well, everyone has their bad days...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

Atlantic records sucked the life out of these guys for a while. They were good before and after that though.

October 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Sean said...

This is one band I never liked although I always felt that I should. I was fortunate to spend a day with the Gallagher brothers back in 2000. They were friends of a friend in northern VA and I was staying with him to see UDO/Raven at Jaxx. Fun guys. I met Hasselvander at the show. That guy is a prince among men.

October 26, 2008 at 8:25 AM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Wait, I think this one must be the REAL start to the Halloween horrors week!

October 28, 2008 at 1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! I hated Stay Hard and the Pack is Back by Raven. I loved their early stuff and it's so embarassing that this is what they're remembered for.

November 25, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home