Saturday, October 4, 2008

Scorpions, Animal Magnetism


I’m amazed how often I’m reminded of lines from the classic film This is Spinal Tap.

For example, I played a guessing game last week with a young lady. And when I asked if the country she was thinking of had the letter “a” in it, she said yes. I guessed several country names, missing every time.

Eventually, I had to ask her what country with “a” in it she had in mind. She said, “Sweden.”

At which point I couldn’t help but think, “These go up to eleven!”

Now consider this cover, which appeared on Scorpions’ 1980 album Animal Magnetism. Looking at it brings to mind this classic exchange between lead singer David St. Hubbins and guitarist Nigel Tufnel:

David: They said the album cover is a bit sexist.

Nigel: Well, so what? What’s wrong with being sexy?”

5 Comments:

Blogger Fabrulana said...

ha ha very good - still have to see Spinal Tap though. You should post the backside of the cover as well, just to make it more sexy :)

October 6, 2008 at 3:15 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

This one does have a certain Smell the Glove quality!

October 6, 2008 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

By any chance would I be able to find "Lick My Love Pump" on this album?

Spinal Tap has more memorable quotes than any movie I have ever seen.

October 7, 2008 at 3:52 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Old Scorps rule all.

October 26, 2008 at 8:24 AM  
Blogger andré said...

you must be kidding -- this album cover is pretty subtle compared to the spinal tap concept

November 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home