Monday, April 28, 2008

Tom Waits - Small Change



Okay, let's be honest. You could take the collective artistic/graphic design knowledge of the gang at Whole Lotta Album Covers and fit it on one point of a Seurat painting. We're rock fans, not art critics. Most of the time, we're not going to give you any great insight into album covers, and we'll certainly never be able to compete with Ash and the good folks at Sleevage (which is an awesome site, and you should probably just go there now instead of reading my comments about Tom Waits).

Despite our obvious shortcomings, this site gets a ridiculous amount of hits every day. Since we're Americans, we immediately saw an opportunity to make some money. Thus, we un-retired the site and added some Google ads. We've made like $0.43 so far. As Daffy Duck used to say, MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY!

So, in honor of our whore-like tendencies, I'm highlighting the strip club dressing room of Tom Waits' Small Change. The cover isn't great, although it might be if stupid Tom weren't sitting in the middle of it like some egotistical jackass. The good thing about this cover -- and it's really good -- is the expression on the young woman's face. Her separation, her disinterest, her disconnect... it speaks volumes about the relationship between sex and money and men and women and bloggers and Google ads.

Now, before you go, do me a favor and slip a couple'a cents into my g-string here by clicking that Amazon ad on the top of the page. I'll be your best special friend if you do, big guy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

I think I just heard the sound of coins clinking as they add up for us or maybe it was the sound of someone clicking over to a different site because they were done with us. I tend to get my clinks and clicks mixed up.

April 28, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

is that what these spare pennies on my desk are? whoring our needling and perhaps needless (haha) thoughts for pennies...now THAT's democracy and capitalism at its finest... to think nearly a century ago we could've bought a few rounds of Coke or Dr. Pepper for all of us with this kinda loot!

May 7, 2008 at 5:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is she not Cassandra Peterson 'Mistress Of The Dark'?

August 14, 2011 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

anonymous-It's usually said to be her. In a 2009 interview when asked about it she said “I’ve stared at it really, really hard, and I’m pretty sure it’s me.”
Although I think that it's great to keep enough doubts out there that maybe it's not her.

August 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home