Monday, May 12, 2008

Battleroar-To Death and Beyond



Okay, the medieval/fantasy battle scene is fairly standard cheesy metal fare. It's certainly not great, but it doesn't stand out as being particularly bad when compared to its peers. The real trouble here is the logo. The first time I looked at it, I thought it said "Butteroak." Now, I don't know what a "butteroak" is, but it sure doesn't sound very heavy. I guess I should at least be thankful that it was discernible after a second look, not only because Battleroar is a better name (if only slightly), but also because that means the content of the album is probably not death metal.

If you're curious about the music, check out Metal Mark's review.

4 Comments:

Blogger Metal Mark said...

It looks someone tried to make the B and the R out of bent twigs and extremely used chewing gum.

May 12, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

Butteroak? That sounds like a '70s adult contemporary group.

Battleroar is much better.

May 12, 2008 at 7:57 PM  
Blogger taotechuck said...

I originally read "Butter Road." Which is kinda like Springsteen, just more... buttery.

And no, I'm not interested in the music. Thanks for asking, though.

May 12, 2008 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

I don't know, I might spin something by Butteroak out of sheer curiosity

May 19, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home